GAALC - Indian Music School - Online Sitar Class Lessons
GAALC - Global Academy of Arts, Languages and Culture, is one of the top rated international online performing arts learning school academy based at New Delhi in India offering online musical instruments training class lessons facilitated on Skype and Google Hangouts (Google Talk) as real time. one-on-one, interactive, live instrumental music learning class lessons online for the global music students. GAALC offers certificate level hobby learning courses of short term (24 months duration), regular term (36 months duration) and extended term (54 months duration) duration with modern curriculum guided online class lessons to learn performing arts - learning how to play musical instruments, voice training - vocal singing music lessons online and online dance lessons to learn dancing.
GAALC music school academy conducts online instrumental music learning lessons to learn playing Indian classical musical instrument Sitar, Sitar is a popular string musical instrument and the online lessons for learning how to play Sitar are offered as Sitar beginner level lessons for beginners learning to play Sitar online, Intermediate level Sitar lessons and Advanced level Sitar lessons online. The Sitar learning course lessons curriculum - the Sitar teaching syllabus is exclusively developed for providing an effective online Sitar training to the kids, children, young adults, school / university / college students learning Sitar as a hobby and equally providing professional level Sitar training to the aspiring musicians learning to play Sitar to perform in public music concerts or musical shows as professional Sitar expert players.The online Sitar class lessons offered by GAALC are conducted by the senior, experienced and qualified Indian Sitar Gurus, the famous Sitar teachers as top online Sitar trainers, the best trained Sitar players working as the online Sitar instructors in the instrumental music faculty at GAALC music school academy in India.
ABOUT SITAR MUSICAL INSTRUMENT : Sitar is a plucked stringed instrument of the lute family used mainly in the Indian classical Hindustani music and occasionally used in the western popular music. The Indian Sitar musical instrument descended from simpler Persian musical instrument called the 'Setar' (meaning "three strings") and its predecessor the Dutar (meaning "two strings") which flourished in the 16th and 17th centuries and arrived in India with its present form in the mid 18th century. The Hindustani classical music instrument Sitar measures about 4 feet in length, Sitar has a deep pear-shaped gourd body; Sitar has a long, wide, hollow wooden neck; two tuning pegs in front and side and the Hindustani musical instrument Sitar has 20 convex metal - arched movable frets, tied along the neck which enables them to be moved as needed.
Indian Sitar musical instrument (Bhartiya Shastriya Sangeet Vadya) has two bridges: the large bridge also called 'badaa goraa' for the playing and drone strings and the small Sitar bridge called 'chota goraa' in Hindi for the sympathetic strings. The Sitar bridges are fixed to the main resonating chamber, or Kaddu, at the base of the instrument. Some Sitars have a secondary resonator called tumbaa, near the top of the hollow neck. The Indian Sitar often has a resonating gourd under the pegbox end of the neck; which balances the weight of the Sitar musical instrument. A sitar can have 18, 19 or 20 strings, six or seven of which are the played strings running over curved, raised frets, and the remainder strings of Sitar are sympathetic strings called tarb, also known as taarif or tarafdaar that run underneath the Sitar frets and resonate in sympathy with the played strings of Sitar. The strings of Sitar are metal strings; usually Sitar has five melody strings, 1 or 2 drone strings which is used to accentuate the rhythm or pulse, and Sitar has 11 to 13 sympathetic strings beneath the frets in the neck that are tuned to the notes of the Indian raga or Hindustani classical raag - the melodic framework of the classical Hindustani music performance on Sitar. The played strings of Sitar run to Sitar tuning pegs on or near the head of the instrument, while the sympathetic strings of Sitar, which are a variety of different lengths, pass through the small holes in the fretboard of Sitar to engage with the smaller tuning pegs that run down the Sitar instrument's neck.
SITAR GHARANAS - INDIAN HINDUSTANI CLASSICAL SITAR MUSIC SCHOOLS & TYPES OF SITAR STYLES : There are three popular modern styles of Sitar with a variety of sub-styles and the distinctive Sitar decorative patterns. The two popular types of Sitar styles named on Sitar maestros are the "gayaki style Sitars" also called "Vilayat Khan style Sitar" and the the fully decorated "instrumental style Sitars" also called "Ravi Shankar style Sitar". The Gandhaar-pancham Sitar used by Indian Sitar maestro Vilayat Khan and his disciples has six playable Sitar strings, whereas the Kharaj-pancham Sitar, used in the Maihar gharana - school of Indian classical music), the music gharana of the Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar, and used by other gharanas such as Bishnupur gharana of Indian classical music, has seven playable Sitar strings. Three of these playable strings (or four strings on a Ghandar-pancham Sitar or "Vilayat Khan"- style Sitar from Etawa gharana of Indian classical music), called the chikaari, simply provide a drone; the rest are used to play the melody, though the first Sitar string - also called baajtaar is most used when playing Sitar. The third type of Sitar also called the ' pure instrumental style' of Sitar, is often fitted with a second resonator, a small tumba (pumpkin or pumpkin-like wood replica) on the neck and typically this type of Sitar has thirteen sympathetic Sitar strings.
GLOBAL / INDIAN SITARISTS, GHARANA SITAR PLAYERS & SITAR PERFORMER MUSICIANS: The famous Indian Sitar player performers and notable international Sitar playing musicians are Pandit Ravi Shankar, Vilayat Khan, Nikhil Banerjee, Annapurna Devi, Shujaat Husain Khan, George Harrison, Kirit Khan, Al Gromer Khan, Prem Joshua, Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan, Lowell George, Reenat Fauzia, Brian Jones, Anoushka Shankar, Wahid Khan, Anjan Chattopadhyay, Emily Robison, Shafaatullah Khan, Ronnie Wood, Allauddin Khan, Harihar Rao, Ragini Trivedi, Tomi Koivusaari, Niladri Kumar, Shivnath Mishra, etc.
MAKING OF SITAR MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: The materials used in construction of Indian Sitar musical instrument include teak wood, Burma teak wood or tun wood (Cedrela toona), which is a variation of mahogany wood, for the neck, the faceplate called tabli and for the Sitar gourds, the resonating chambers of Sitar. The Sitar instrument's bridges are made of deer horn, ebony, the camel bones or of synthetic material in the modern Sitar musical instruments. Sitar Indian classical musical instrument (Bhartiya Shastriya Sangit Vadya) largely derives its distinctive resonance and timbre from the sympathetic strings, design of the Sitar bridge, Sitar's long hollow neck portion and from the gourd resonating chamber of the Sitar.
The unmatched advantages of the online Sitar learning lessons offered by GAALC music school India is.:
- Live, one-on-one, real time, interactive online music lessons for the music students of all learning levels and Genre of music - vocal music & Sitar instrumental music.
- Convenient online Sitar music lessons schedules for almost all the global time zones, multilingual music lessons with options of 1/2 or 3 online music classes / week.
- Save on the valuable travel time, traffic woes and the cost of travelling to the nearest Sitar music teacher / music school, learn in relaxed manner at home.
- Affordable, low cost price vocal and Sitar musical instruments learning lessons fees for the top best rated & convenient online music class lessons by GAALC.
- Unmatched advantage of the flexible time schedules of online music class lessons for international Sitar music school students, best for the busy modern lifestyle
- Safe & convenient option for kids, children, women & elderly to learn music at home online, the family members or friends & colleagues can learn music together comfortably.
- Better consistency & concentration, least missed music classes due to flexible online Sitar music classes. Make-up / replacement classes available for the classes missed.
- Freedom to learn music at one's own pace & convenient time schedules with the flexible music course duration programs, easily adjustable with the busy work schedules.
- Learning from the International faculty of Sitar musicians including the top qualified, best experienced professional music teachers online from all over the world.
- Advanced, international standard music training curriculum, an effective and modern distance e-learning program by a truly global Sitar music school academy.
- Well defined curriculum with traditional + modern music concepts for all levels of learning vocal & instrumental music, curriculum developed by the global music experts.
- Advanced music E-books learning content & music practice (Riyaaz) tools for all of the online music learning levels and for global Sitar music students.
- Online music lessons for beginners, intermediate & advanced levels, online private music lessons and group music classes for all age groups & Sitar music training levels.
- Online music class lessons available for learning the widest range of global vocal and instrumental music genre, conducted by the GAALC Sitar music school faculty.
- Freedom to Join the appropriate level of the vocal & instrumental music course classes after an individual level evaluation & the expert opinion by GAALC music school Sitar faculty.
- Get regular music expert opinion feedback from GAALC music teachers faculty on the educational performance with the right guidance & the Sitar performance improvement tips.
Read more benefits of online music classes: Advantages of Online Music Learning Lessons
For further details on music learning online courses and dance courses, online learning lessons fees, dance and music training instructors, Sitar teachers online class schedules, Google hangouts music lessons music trainers and dance trainer lessons, affordable low cost price online Sitar Skype lessons, online classes by Indian Sitar Guru and Youtube free music learning lessons. For online music school and online dance academy admissions: Contact GAALC music school academy India
View GAALC Youtube channel for Free You tube music training videos / images gallery: Sitar training class lessons online free Youtube videos